I’m taking steps into understanding COBie in practice which has consisted of downloading the COBie Revit extension and watching YouTube videos.
I have a list of questions which I’ve written down as I’ve been going through with the hope they can be answered over the course of this thread:
• Are there standard COBie parameters and specific naming conventions? The NBS have a shared parameters file with COBie parameters and the COBie extension tool loads in different parameters with a COBie prefix.
• Can/how can parameters already existing in a component be mapped to a similar COBie parameter?
• Is it best to start the COBie extension at the end of a project stage before a data drop or at the start?
• Once I export to the COBie spreadsheet can it be edited and pushed back to the model?
• What questions should we be asking and information needed for prior to commencing work requiring COBie?
• Is it possible to 'do' COBie when working with IFC files of an asset?
Also if anyone has any good sources they can recommend I look at then please share here.